What is Beet good for?
The Beet plant is native to the temperate areas of Eurasia, but today it is grown everywhere, mainly for its large and juicy roots that are used as food and also to extract sugar.
In the Middle Ages, Beet was used in the treatment of many health problems, especially those related to digestion and blood. Nowadays it is known that Beet is a very good source of Nitrates, Fiber, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Potassium, Iron, and provides many health benefits:
- Beet helps regulate blood pressure, as it contains naturally occurring Nitrates that, upon reaching the body, become Nitric Oxide, which dilates blood vessels improving circulation and contributing to the normalization of blood pressure.
- Due to its high Fiber content, Beet produces favorable digestive effects that prevent constipation and promote intestinal regularity, which is very important to eliminate toxins.
- Beet is a good source of Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant and helps strengthen the immune system, promotes skin health and protects cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Folic Acid is important for the formation of red blood cells, as well as for the normal growth and functioning of cells. Potassium is very important for the health of nerves and muscles; and Iron is essential for hemoglobin, whose function is to transport oxygen from the lungs to body tissues.
- Frequent Beet intake improves muscle oxygenation; in addition, due to the carbohydrates it contains, Beet provides a lot of energy, and all this has a very positive impact on physical and athletic performance.
Our product Loud Arginine is enriched with Beet Root Powder so you can enjoy all the benefits that beet can offer.