The Best Dumbbell Exercises
By performing dumbbell exercises you work out the large muscle groups and also different stabilizing muscles. Dumbbell exercises help all muscles grow together, thus preventing them from developing separately.
You only need a pair of dumbbells and a training bench, and you will be able to perform hundreds of exercises and work out your entire body.
Here are some of the best dumbbell exercises:
- Biceps Curl: This classic exercise strengthens the biceps and, to some degree, the forearms.
- Triceps Kickback: This is maybe the best dumbbell exercise for the triceps.
- Overhead (or Shoulder) Press: It’s very good for the shoulders, triceps, traps and upper chest.
- Lateral Raises: This exercise targets the shoulder muscles and the traps.
- Lunges: Excellent for the quadriceps, glutes, and calves.
- Lying Chest Fly: This exercise works out the pectoral muscles and the shoulders.
- Reverse Fly: It targets the upper back and rear shoulders.
- Triceps Extension: It focuses on strengthening the triceps.
- Bent-Over Row: This exercise targets the main muscles of the upper back.
- Arnold Press: It’s a great exercise that strengthens all sections of the deltoids.
- Renegade Row: It works out the upper back, shoulders, triceps, and biceps.